tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:09 pm 

Hello,

Good news!

Happy to announce that earlier this month, the Blaan mabal tabih weaver Fu Yabing Masalon Dulo was conferred with the Gawad sa Manlilikha ng Bayan award by Presidential proclamation in coordination with the Philippine National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA). Awardees are known as National Living Treasures. First awarded in 1993, there have been 16 recipients - 6 of whom are textile weavers.

Said to be over 100 years old, Fu Yabing is one of the last Blaan weavers alive today, and its sole master weaver of the tabih mabal. Her community is diligently working to keep the art alive and are hopeful that this award will generate interest and a passion in the younger Blaan generations to learn and preserve this essential element of their culture.

It was my honor to have visited Fu Yabing in her village during April, 2016, where the photo below was taken. In the photo, she's having her first look at Roy Hamilton's book - From the Rainbow's Varied Hue - given by me as a gift.

Attachments:
28.jpg
28.jpg [ 44.18 KiB | Viewed 714 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Thank you very much for sharing this good news and photo with the forum (as well as your sadder post of the passing of Tboli Dreamweaver, Subi Nalon).

Do you have any photos of any of the mabal tabih by Blaan weaver Fu Yabing Masalon Dulo? If so it would be great if you could share them with the forum.

All the very best, and thank you

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:12 am 

Marbel wrote:
Hello,

Good news!

Happy to announce that earlier this month, the Blaan mabal tabih weaver Fu Yabing Masalon Dulo was conferred with the Gawad sa Manlilikha ng Bayan award by Presidential proclamation in Phenq as a diet pill emily jones detailed review of phenq coordination with the Philippine National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA). Awardees are known as National Living Treasures. First awarded in 1993, there have been 16 recipients - 6 of whom are textile weavers.

Said to be over 100 years old, Fu Yabing is one of the last Blaan weavers alive today, and its sole master weaver of the tabih mabal. Her community is diligently working to keep the art alive and are hopeful that this award will generate interest and a passion in the younger Blaan generations to learn and preserve this essential element of their culture.

It was my honor to have visited Fu Yabing in her village during April, 2016, where the photo below was taken. In the photo, she's having her first look at Roy Hamilton's book - From the Rainbow's Varied Hue - given by me as a gift.

This is great i would also like to see mabal tabih by Blaan weaver Fu Yabing Masalon Dulo by any chance you can upload a picture.

Many Thanks
Addison

Last edited by Addison18 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:05 pm 

Hello,

In an effort to avoid duplication, for a few photos I'd refer everyone to my post below (started on April 26, 2016) entitled "Mindanao visit - Tboli & Blaan." viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2596 There are several photos from my trip as well as a unique look at my mabal tabih being created. I don't have many other photos (I only personally own two Blaan tabih pieces), but a quick search of the internet should reveal plenty of beautiful pictures.

Attached is a photo of the other tabih piece I have in the collection. It's an old piece, fashioned into a tubular skirt.

Enjoy, and thank you for your interest.

Attachments:
Tabih.JPG
Tabih.JPG [ 197.76 KiB | Viewed 690 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Craig

Very many thanks. I have inserted the direct link to your previous post into your post above to make it easy for people to access. It is nice to see more photos of Fu Yabing in action.

I love the old skirt that you have added in here. The deep purplish reds glow wonderfully. Do you happen to know if they would be a natural dye?

best,

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:36 pm 

Hi Pamela,

100% natural dye.