tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:09 pm 

Hi everyone, thought I'd give everyone a heads up on the upcoming Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion. Here's an excerpt from the Berg website:

Quote:
Berg Fashion Library

The leading source of interdisciplinary information on dress and fashion worldwide. Incorporating the 10-volume Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion.

Launching in May 2010, the Berg Fashion Library is a unique new online portal which will offer users fully cross-searchable access to an expanding range of Berg content collections – including books, reference works, and images. Berg journals – including the highly prestigious Fashion Theory – will also be fully cross-searchable within the Berg Fashion Library portal. For more details about what the Berg Fashion Library provides please click here.

The Berg Fashion Library will be available on a subscription basis.

The Berg Fashion Library – A unique new online portal, launching May 2010

You can learn more about it here:
http://www.bergpublishers.com/?tabid=4144

I feel very fortunate to have been given the chance to contribute to one of the volumes, and my supervisor, Dr Norwani is in there too. Check out the list of contributors here: Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion contributors

Attachments:
BFL-ENCY-BANNER_3.jpg
BFL-ENCY-BANNER_3.jpg [ 30.69 KiB | Viewed 4997 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Adline,

Congratulations on having a contribution in the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion! That is really excellent especially when you are still quite near the beginning of your trajectory to greatness! A real recognition of what you have achieved so far.

The forum is proud to have another member who is also contributing, Sandra Niessen. If any other forum members are also contributors please don't be shy as I love to be proud of all of you who make this forum such a special place!

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:52 pm 

Thanks Pamela! Gee, I don't know about " trajectory to greatness" LOL! I was born with a terrible lack of ambition!

A very Merry Christmas to you Pamela XOXO!

Post subject: Berg Encyclopedia
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:22 pm 

Well done Adline, its great to be part of this huge venture. Ruth Barnes had given my name to the organisers and I was asked to write on Indonesian Jewellery, sadly I was given very little notice and was in the middle of writing my last MA essay and trying to finish my dissertation so was never able to contribute, just one too may articles on my plate at once! I will wait for the launch with keen anticipation as I am sure many of the Forum members will.
Have any of you had a chance to look at the details of the World of Asian Textile Course at SOAS in February 2010? I posted the details a few days ago.
Hope you all had a Happy Christmas Day
Lesley