tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:28 am 

Hi everyone

If you are interested, I have just completed my website featuring books in my personal collection, on the textiles and costumes of Asia including China, Tibet and tribal India, and also Eastern Europe with a strong emphasis on Russia. I feel that the following books may be of particular interest to the forum:-

Culture and Clothing among Taiwan Aboriginies

Sinaunang Habi: Philippine ancestral Weave

Peoples of Myth: Textiles and crafts of the Golden Triangle

Mountain Patterns, a books which focuses on the material culture of a Yi subgroup.

There are further details of these and much more on the site. I have also included some books purchased recently, on the ceremonial dress and ornaments of the Tibetans. In addition I have seen details of a fothcoming title which may also be of interest:- Bernatzik, Southeast Asia which documents the work in this region of photographer and ethnographer Hugo Bernatzik, in the first half of the 20th cent. I am led to believe many of the photographs will be of Akha and Miao and judging from the quality of the reproductions in the previous vols on the Pacific and Africa, this will be an excellent source for comparing textiles and dress worn then with that of today. This publication may come out sometime in 2004. As soon as it arrives I will put details on the website. Also Peter Van Ham's proposed book on Arunachal Pradesh will also be on my list when published, also, I think, sometime in 2004

My website address is

http://www.siriolr.freeserve.co.uk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:32 pm 

hi everyone
Just to let you know that at long last I have updated my website and included some recently acquired books on areas of interest:
A couple of books on ethnic groups in Vietnam, northern Luzon and southeast Asia in general, included on my new Southeast Asia page.
A photographic book on Tribal Asia covering groups in China, Southeast Asia and the Nagas of northeast India etc. (see India page).
A number of books on minorities in China and Taiwan. I especially recommend "Taiwan's Aboriginal Peoples"
Lastly, although maybe a little out of scope for this forum, a volume on Tatar costumes fron Russia.

http://www.siriolr.freeserve.co.uk/