tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Modern Tribal Wear
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:43 am 
have been asked to research Modern Tribal wear, but i cannot seem to find any information on it. Does anyone know where i can find out the information?

originally posted 4 May 03

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:45 am 

Jess, Tribaltextiles.info is your one stop shop. Pamela has done a great job compiling information and photographs pertaining to tribal textiles. The bibliography link is excellent. The difficult problem is finding the books but I am sure Pamela could stear you in the right direction. If you could narrow your interest I am sure many people would have some great insight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:46 am 
Site Admin

Jess, It is not clear whether you are interested in what different tribal peoples wear today - in which case, for tribes from China, Vietnam, Thailand, Burma and to a lesser extent Laos the tribaltextiles.info site can help you. But you need to take the time to search the site. The bibliographies - set out on a country basis - are also very relevant. Also check out the links which can lead you on further, including to booksellers. If you mean modern clothing which non tribal people may wear which is made from tribal textiles then this is NOT the site for you. Without much effort some searches on Google - depending on your key words - will give you information. In neither case will you be given the information on a plate - but will need some effort from you in seeking and sifting the information. This is presumably why you have been given the research to do in the first place. Web searches are only starting points. Pamela (PS - Rusty, thanks for your kind comments!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:54 am 

Pamela, I'm very pleased with your response. Oftentimes people ask questions that require such amounts of energy on our parts, its time to say, sorry, do it yourselves. I responded to the query about headgear and it came to naught. The site is set up so elegantly that questions like the one on tribal wear can be answered with a minimum of leg work on our part. I didn't mind answering some questions, but as I learned when answering questions about crossculture psychosis, lazy is as lazy does. Best