tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:59 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

As some of you know, I have been wanting to upgrade our forum for some time. Last weekend, thanks to my good friend and colleague, Jose, we launched this new forum directly off the tribaltextiles.info site.

However, the major enhancement that we wanted - to be able to attach photographs directly and not via a url - still escapes us. Jose has been trying all week to get it to work and will be continuing to do so. He is trying to get a response from the software developer as he thinks that there is an error in the php code. So, for now, the 'attachment' feature in the message post screen is not working. :(

I have been working to load up back messages - as if they have been posted by you all – but have not yet completed this task. I have created logins for all the 'regulars' and used 'guest' for fleeting posters. Please would you NOT change your password yet until I have transferred all the old messages. I will email all those with logins as soon as the back posts are done.

I am very happy if you try out the new forum - or 'community'. I hope that you will like it as you get used to it. If you use the login feature it gives lots of flexibility. For Olivier (and any other French speaking friends) we have loaded the facility to have the instruction text show in French (this can be amended via your profile). Enjoy! :D

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

Last edited by Pamela on Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

I am very pleased to report that the new tribaltextiles.info/community forum is now OPEN! :D

I believe that all logins are now active and working for the initial community group who were active members of the original forum. You should have been emailed when your account was initially opened last week with your user name and password. This will log you in and you are now free to change your password or amend how your user name appears and various other personal account details which can be accessed via the 'Profile' button on the top right of the screen.

There is a FAQ link in the top right hand of the screen with information on using the forum - or send me an email. Once you are logged in you can email me and any other forum member.

We do not yet have the file attachment (including photos) facility which we have very much wanted to have. However, our friend Jose has promised to 'write a small programme' which he hopes will achieve this IF the file controls of my ISP and mySQL will allow it - so watch this space!

I hope that you will enjoy the benefits of this forum! Please go ahead, post and enjoy!

(My very particular thanks to Jose Casal who has made it all possible!)

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource