tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:59 am 

As i said in general forum. I am familiar with southern sumatra's traditional textile. And i also happen to sell them on ebay. So, i think why not i also promote my stuff here.

I now present you 4 package of tenun Tapis of Lampung consist of sarong and shawl. Originally taken from studios in Lampung, Indonesia, newmade, yet still hand made.

want to know more? any inquiries, any special demand, just PM me, or send me an email, or YM me. I'll send you back with more detail info and catalog.

Thanks!

Attachments:
tapisRed3.jpg
tapisRed3.jpg [ 126.22 KiB | Viewed 3793 times ]
tapisRed1.jpg
tapisRed1.jpg [ 130.77 KiB | Viewed 3793 times ]
tapisKrui-a5.jpg
tapisKrui-a5.jpg [ 132.19 KiB | Viewed 3793 times ]
tapisKrui-a1.jpg
tapisKrui-a1.jpg [ 138.94 KiB | Viewed 3793 times ]
tapis cotton1.jpg
tapis cotton1.jpg [ 125.42 KiB | Viewed 3793 times ]

--It's hard to be a half breed, especially if your father is partially Arab, Sunda, and Lampung, while your mother is half Toraja half Wajo, and you was born in Palembang, yet raised in Bangka Island, just to go to study for 8 years in Bandung--

Last edited by fingerwork on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:18 am 
Site Admin

What superb quality! So excellent to see this technical level of quality being produced today. 'tapisKrui', the 2 pieces are especially stunning! If I still lived in London and had the opportunity to wear really dressy clothing I would so love the challenge of creating an outfit from them! Unfortunately in very dressed-down east Kent they would not, I think, be at home as clothing although, for their fineness, could sneak into a collection!

Welcome to the forum! You are very welcome to all that we can offer in terms of learning, teaching and promoting!

Look forward to meeting you further!

best,

PS - Surely not a 'half-breed' but the most fascinating and eclectic mix of cultures. With your roots you could be a basis of a wonderful textile museum if all your relations could supply you with textiles!!!

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:42 am 

Thanks. Wow, that's very encouraging. I hope such review from expert like you would add more value to my commercially offered items. :wink:

Thanks....

PS: Hey, errm... why don't you have one? hehehe, more addition to your collection...right? I'll give you big discount, hahaha... :D :wink: :twisted:

--It's hard to be a half breed, especially if your father is partially Arab, Sunda, and Lampung, while your mother is half Toraja half Wajo, and you was born in Palembang, yet raised in Bangka Island, just to go to study for 8 years in Bandung--