tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dealers in India?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:58 pm 

I will be in India in February/March, 2008 (my 5th trip), and am looking for dealers in 20th Century tribal textiles: Rabari, Kutchi, Sindi, Baluch, Pashtun, Pathan, Banjara, etc. I'm looking for sell affordable textiles, not pieces in the thousands or high hundreds.

I'm also interested shops that sell high quality modern adaptations of tribal styles, probably for the home. This would be one or more levels above the various "State" stores, Central Cottage Industries - and probably not the Kashmiris. This is remarkably hard to find - I've had some luck in South Delhi and, for block prints, Rajasthan - but...

I know that I will be in Bangalore and Mumbai and I'm sure that I'll end up passing through Delhi at least once. Beyond that, maybe back to Rajasthan, maybe Amritsar, maybe Mysore, maybe...

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:11 pm 

Hi

Wovensouls will be opening its gallery in Goa in November. I will be hosting coffee mornings & textile chats, exhibiting my collection of Asian textiles and selling a few as well.

Do have a look at my website www.wovensouls.com. I am based in Singapore & Goa, and open the gallery to visitors only in the winter months.

Jaina Mishra