tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

Appologies for double posting but I felt that this beautiful book should be commended to as wide an audience as possible and might get lost within the General forum.

Following Digna's recommendation of "Dreamweavers" about the T'iboli people of Lake Sebu and their abaca weaving in the thread http://www.tribaltextiles.info/communit ... .php?t=117 I ordered the book from the publishers, Bookmark Inc www.bookmark.com.ph It was a bit nerve racking without a secure site for ordering, faxing creditcard etc. and there were several emails/faxes to sort things out. However, the book arrived speedily by airmail, beautifully packed and in perfect condition.

It is a truly beautiful volume and I commend it to you all. The photographs alone are stunning. Fantastic quality colour photos of truly beautiful weaving (with photos of the weavers) and loads of black and white photos of the process and region. The photos of the weaving, tying of the warp threads, weaving etc are truly superb. Photos by Neal Oshima. The printing quality of the book is first rate - so important for photos. I have had no chance to read the text yet but I am bowled over by the quality of the photos. Yes, I am gushing but it is one of the best collection of photos I have seen and the textile photos - Oh what a challenge it is to get good ones of textiles - are first rate.

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource