tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:05 pm 

I recently received a great book that may be of interest to the Forum members. "PATTERNS ON TEXTILES OF THE ETHNIC GROUPS IN NORTHEAST OF VIETNAM" by Diep Trung Binh. Published by the Cultures of Nationalities Publishing House, Hanoi 1997. This is an in depth study in English paid for by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency. Chapters include: 1)Textile patterns of the Tay and Nung People,2) Textile patterns of the Mong People, 3) Patterns of The Dao People, 4) Patterns of the Lo Lo and Phu La People. It is a paperback printed on cheap paper but full of detailed descriptions and color photographs. It is one of the better books I've found to date on this subject. I may have access to multiple copies if they are still available and if there is interest. If you do not have this book, I would try to find it. It's encouraging to see these important works being produced and translated into English. Best regards, Richard

originally posted 1 Jul 03

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:07 pm 

Hi Richard, I'm back! Check out my snarky comments throughout the forum. I got a new photo-quality printer which hasn't been hooked up yet. But I have had written my apprasals; would you like the textiles back before I make formal copies? And please, I'd love a copy of that book, and will PAY! best,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

Richard, I would be very interested indeed in the book that you mention. Could you advise on payment details etc.? Thanks very much for the suggestion. Pamela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:14 pm 

Hello All, I was able to order 5 copies of the book @ $26.25 per copy plus postage. This is a 25% savings over the normal $35.00 price. I have a copy for Susan, Pamela and Sandie and have 2 left that are available. If you want a copy, please email me your address so that I can advise shipping costs. Again, this is a super book. Best regards, Richard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:15 pm 

Thanks again Richard, Let me know the total with shipping. Also, should I hang on to the textiles or send them back? Best, Sandie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:17 pm 

Hi Richard, I would like a copy of this book as well, if you still have one. Let me know by emailing me at asiaart@markajohnson.com. Regards, Mark

http://www.markajohnson.com
Mark A. Johnson Tribal Art

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Richard, I think that it is very possible that Rusty might be interested in a copy. My last email from him on 17 June said "Looks like I will be shipping out this weekend to go fight fires in northern Alaska then probably down to the lower forty eight." I have not heard anything since and there have not been any posts since then so I think that he is out of web contact. Not, of course that I can speak for him, but I wouldn't want him to miss out! :( Pamela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:21 pm 

If needed it may be possible to get a few more copies. I am happy to do it if people are interested. I just do not want to end up with too many extra copies. If anyone is interested please let me know ASAP as this source may not have many more copies. All the best Richard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:24 am 

Hi Richard,

I would definately be interested in a copy of the book if you still have some. Please email me the details of what I need to do. Thanks.
Sincerely, Rusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Richard - I am pleased to report the arrival of 'Pattern on Textiles of the Ethnic Groups of Northeast Vietnam' in deepest Canterbury this morning! As it was a difficult morning this really made the day look up! Yes, a very interesting addition to the reference library and, at an initial run through, I see that it has material on a couple of my personal obsessions: mosquito nets/curtains and Dao Tien! Thanks very much for sharing this with us and going to all the trouble of organising purchase and then mailing the books to all of us. Very much appreciated. :D Pamela

Post subject: More Copies Available
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:07 pm 

I was able to get 3 more copies if anyone is interested. Best, Richard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:58 pm 
Richard: If you still have extra copies of the book, I would very much appreciate being able to get one. Please e-mail me the necessary info, with shipping costs, etc.: marlam@mindspring.com. How great of you to arrange all this! Many thanks!

To everyone who has been participating on this forum, I’d like to say how much I’ve been enjoying and appreciating your contributions. Many thanks to Pamela for providing the venue and moderating the board so capably!

All best wishes,
Marla Mallett