tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

I am very sorry to say that, yet again, the ISP which hosts this forum has scuppered normal operation of the forum. Due to an upgrade to servers carried out today I am afraid that NO emails which should be generated by the forum seem to be being sent. I have tested an email to myself, a message and also a test registration - no emails received as should have been the case. I see that I have not received notification of new posts on messages on which I am active and I did not get a digest today.

As ever I am begging Jose for help but I know that he is up to his eyes with work not to mention exams on the part-time law degree on which he is enrolled.

I am VERY sorry for the problems - although why I should apologise for the ISP I am not sure! According to the warning message - only sent out yesterday in advance warning of the upgrade today - there should not be any problems. However, it was just possible that "a very small number of users may find that their PHP scripts have been affected by the upgrade". My heart sank when I read this and, of course, when I did the tests today we had been affected. 'Fit to spit' is one of the phrases that come to mind....

Aside from the emails - which means that no new members can join the forum and you won't get any notifications or emails or digests....posting seems to be working OK judging from the success of Iain's posts today.

I hope we can get this sorted soon.

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

It seems that the forum is now running OK and able to generate emails. The main problem must have been a huge overload of emails generated by people testing their sites so emails only delivered about 24 hours late. Very frustrating that the ISP did not come clean on their network status page to say so. Would have saved me a lot of heartache and hours of wasted time. As you will gather, I am pretty fed up about it!

Let us hope that the new servers are more robust and give a better service going forward to make this latest frustration worthwhile!

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource