tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

Just thought that I would draw to everyone's attention the addition of various language packs to the forum. This enables a member to choose their own language as the one to show all the standard information and instructions shown on this forum. In some cases this also includes the instructions on adding attachments which you can see at the bottom of each posting form. However, in some cases - Thai is an example - the additional 3 pages of the language pack for attach_mod (the programme modification to do this) are not yet available for download so the instructions will only appear in English but the rest will be in Thai.

The languages currently loaded are: Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional (not attach_mod), Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese (not attach_mod), Norwegian (not the attach_mod), Spanish, Thai (not attach_mod) and Vietnamese. I have loaded the languages which I think will support the current membership. There are more languages I can add and more are likely to come on stream over time. If you need another langugage please let me know and I will see if it is available. (I will keep a watching brief on the gaps in the attach_mod translations.)

You can change your forum language by amending your Profile which is accessed via the Profile button in the top right of every page of the forum (first button on the left on second line of buttons). Scroll down your profile and you will see the drop down Board Language button, select your language, click the 'submit' button at the bottom of the profile and watch the change! (I am afraid that there is no translation facility for the posts... and the language of this forum is English please!)

I hope that this will make using the forum more comfortable for some of our members - even those with very good English.

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource