tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Dear www.tribaltextiles.info/community forum members

Upgrade

This week Jose and I have upgraded the forum for updated releases from phpBB, the Open Source bulletin board package on which our forum is based. A major part of the upgrade is directed towards forum security as well as fixing some programme bugs. One of the main changes which you, as members, will notice is that you are now required to login each time you quit your browser (and possibly even the forum if your browser is set that way) and the facility to already be logged in when you land on the forum is now not available. I am afraid that this is a bi-product of the enhanced security measures.

If you are not sure of your username then you can find it showing in the left hand column of any post you have made and you can see this without having to be logged in. You can also review the Memberlist (click the middle button, top row of the buttons showing in the top right hand corner of most forum screens). Browse down until you find yourself. If you have forgotten your password then, as long as you are using the same email that you used when you opened your account, you can receive a new password by clicking the 'I forgot my password' link at the bottom of the login screen. You will need to enter your username and email address (it must be the email address which is already on the system). You will then be emailed a new password and you can login. You can change the new password to something more memorable to you by going into your Profile (first button on the left, bottom row of buttons in top right hand corner of most forum screens).

If you have any login problems then please let me know. I am unable to tell you what your password is/was as that is revealed nowhere on the system and I can never see it. I may, however, be able to help you sort out any email account uncertainties and difficulties.

New Digest facility

A new Digest facility has now been added to the forum. Digests are email summaries of messages posted on the forum that are sent to you periodically. Digests can be sent daily or weekly at an hour of the day you select. You can specify those particular forums for which you want message summaries, or you can elect to receive all messages for all forums for which you are allowed access.

Consistent with our privacy policy, Digests contain no "spam", nor is your email address used in any way connected to an advertisement. You can, of course, cancel your digest subscription at any time by simply going back to the Digest setup page. Most users find digests to be very useful. We encourage you to give it a try! Click the ‘Digest’ button – last one in the top line of the group of buttons in the top right hand side of most forum screens to go to the set up screen.

Particular thanks to Jose who has harnessed his server to support this facility. We will, of course, be dependent on the smooth running of his server to be able to provide the Digest service.

Other

We also added a couple of modifications which hopefully you will not notice but which will help administration and moderation of the forum. Along with forums generally our tribal textiles forum has been under constant attack from spammers and bogus members – in many cases using software to automatically ‘join’ each forum. This has made administration and moderation an increasingly frustrating and time consuming task. We are hopeful that a couple of modifications that we have added will cut out the auto generated ‘members’ and enable the Administrator to more easily identify and delete other spammers who manually join.

If you have any problems or queries then please get in touch either by clicking the email or private message buttons below.

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource