tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Forum problems!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:17 am 
Site Admin

I am afraid that we have some problems with the forum at the moment due to some updates and upgrades which the ISP hosting the forum has made to the software governing its use. True to form they have made the changes without warning and with the absolute minimum of support!

At the moment any emails which the forum may need to generate are not being sent. So, new members will not get the email they need to activate their account; anyone who has forgotten their password cannot receive a new one; if someone posts on a thread which you have originated or contributed to, you will not get an email notification; you will not get an email informing you of a private message; emails generated from the forum will not be sent; and no digests are being sent out.

In addition some of you may experience an 'ERROR 500, Problem Running a Script...' message when you submit a post or private message. However, do not be fooled, your post or message has been made!

We hope, in due course that the problem(s) can be fixed. However, with the ISP hosting the forum giving no feedback on error logs dear Jose, our forum angel, is really up against it trying to identify the root of the problem so that he can fix it. He is also very busy professionally and personally.

If anyone has forgotten their password or is a new member please contact me via this web contact form and I will do my best to work around the problem and enable you to log in.

I am very sorry about this and beg your patience!

Best

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

Post subject: Hurrah!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:53 am 
Site Admin

At long last I think our forum problems are solved - we have moved to a new web host.

Please let me know of any problems that you encounter - preferably by giving the forum lots of use so that any wrinkles which may emerge can be ironed out.

My thanks to Jose, our forum angel, for his sterling work to sort this out. We are now very much under his angel's wing on his web host!! Jose first got us started with this forum in June/July 2003. I can hardly believe it is all of 8 years ago!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

I think that the forum is now pretty much working OK. We have been testing and can now attach images and some other files including Pdf and can attach and, most important, actually see the images/download the files.

We have a reported problem with previews of posts but are not sure that we understand what is being reported to be able to replicate and then fix.

Please urgently report any problems you are having. Our forum angel will not be available to help us after tomorrow (Thursday 14th July UK time) until the beginning of August so we won't be able to fix any outstanding problems until then.

Do enjoy your digests! If you have not signed up for a digest - see top line of buttons in top right of screen - then you are really missing out!

I look forward to seeing you posting (please!)