tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

I would like to welcome new forum member Paolo to the forum and to suggest that members might like to check out his website http://www.webalice.it/paopadd/ If anyone has any flags from the Philippines in their collection or information about them I know that Paolo would be very pleased to hear from you (do share it with us all here). As Paulo has informed me, although he currently has only two flags in his own collection, he collects images and pictures of all the flags and standards of the MINSUPALA (Mindanao, Sulu and Palawan Sultanates. He is currently working on adding many new pictures to his site from The Fowler Museum, California. He is very interested in the Moro culture, particularly the Tausug (from Sulu). We have previously touched on some Tausug textiles on this forum. A search of the forum with 'Tausug' (see buttons in top right hand of the screen) will find 3 threads on the topic although none touch on flags.

I do like to see someone with a stong obsession with a particular aspect of textile tradition especially when they have worked so hard to provide information for the rest of us to share in and learn from. Keep up the good work, Paulo!

Best wishes,

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource