tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:54 am 

Avis à tous

There is a very interesting exhibition now in Paris about indigo textiles and costumes. This exhibition displays about 300 pièces from various collections, with Catherine Legrand as curator. This exhibition has been extended till may 2. If you go to Paris this is a must have seen exhibition. This is this exhibition that will be moved to Clermont Ferrand with additional new pièces from various collections (and particularly from mine, see akha thread in main forum). There are pièces from various countries (africa, asia...) including europe and states.

this exhibition takes place in the old house "HOTEL DE SENS", now FORNEY'S LIBRARY;

Bibliothèque Forney
1 rue du Figuier, Paris 4e
Métro : Saint-Paul, Pont Marie
Du mardi au samedi de 13h à 19h

PRICES : 6 €, 4 € et 3€

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:18 am 

I visited the Indigo exhibition in the Musée Bargoin in Clermont Ferrand on Saturday.
I recommend it highly. It is very interesting and beautifully presented, in the spirit of Catherine Legrand's books. The exhibition gives a very good overview of indigo tradition in the world, with the variety of dying technics, finishing, embroidery etc.The "Ethnic" part of the textiles presented are often published and are a pleasure to the eyes, but the "European" indigo tradition is not so well known (at least to me). What is new to me is the calendered indigo textiles from Bretagne!!!
We were unlucky to have a general breakdown of the electricity and the lighting when we were visiting the exhibition so we were not able to see the videos. No catalog but a good display of "indigo books" for sale.
I hope this exhibition will travel to other places.
greetings
Cecilie Gagnebin (Geneva)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:04 pm 

Bonjour Cécilie

I am happy that the exhibition has been a pleasure for your eyes. Yes the european section displays lots of unknown things and techniques that are usually found in more exotic countries : french ikat textiles, calandered indigo from central Europe....

I have asked the museum staff about electric problems : they don't see what happened ; Could you please precisely describe the problem ? The lightening of the museum rooms is "on demand" and the switch will automatically open the ligth when somebody comes into the rooms. But this system does'nt work for vidéos....There is some mystery.

No catalog because of the cost and "double use " with the Catherine Legrand's books.
The exibition displays pièces from C. Legrand's collection, pièces from Musée Bargoin's collection (especially north africa and china) and pieces from several private collectors (africa, japan, east asia....). I have lent one Bamileke tunic with goat hair fringe, a man's cape from Luzon, a fireman costume from Japan and other blue things that are mixed in the display cases...
The exhibition will be soon completed by technical notices. The exhibition is free each first sunday of month.
The exhibition is on display till january 2016, but I don't know if it could be moved to another places (this is always a problem with multi owners pièces)

Cordialement

Louis Dubreuil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:21 am 

Recently I visited the exhibition on Indigo in Clermont Ferrand. I absolutely loved this exhibition. There was a lot of effort put into setting up things and they were also paying attention to the indigo use in Europe.
A lot of information was given in writing but also in images. I recommend to go and have a look. The exhibition will be there for several months.

Attachments:
DSCN7043_resultaat.JPG
DSCN7043_resultaat.JPG [ 65.39 KiB | Viewed 3274 times ]
DSCN7053_resultaat.JPG
DSCN7053_resultaat.JPG [ 94.11 KiB | Viewed 3274 times ]
DSCN7045_resultaat.JPG
DSCN7045_resultaat.JPG [ 81.1 KiB | Viewed 3274 times ]
DSCN7039_resultaat.JPG
DSCN7039_resultaat.JPG [ 77.75 KiB | Viewed 3274 times ]