tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

This week I was contacted by Mikko Jin of 'Beautiful Miao Village-a collection of embroidered textile of Miao Nationality'.

Mikko says that:

Quote:
This is an e-mail from Shanghai, China. Thank you for your attention.

We have been long collecting classical embroidered textile of Miao Nationality, a minority in China. This textile has a history of more than 100 years, whose exquisite pattern and excellent skill stand for the highest embroidery level of China. The Miao consider visual beauty and decorative effect a crucial facet of their textile art; consequently they inflect their pictorial designs with great freedom and innovative ideas.

Since Miao embroidered textile has been collected by some art museums in the world and studied by academies and art constitutions, we would like to share our collection with more people, as well as to communicate and cooperate with people who have a passion for China's classical arts.

You can go to our website www.antique-embroidery.com where we put some pictures of our collection for your reference. Some pieces of textile are unique in the world, for its skill has been lost.

I checked out the website and, initially, I could not see any images other than the header on each page. I emailed Mikko back to this effect. Mikko has come back saying that this has happened once before but asking me to try again. This time I have been able to see the images via the 'collections' link. There are 21 pages with 9 thumbnails a page which link to enlargements. The photos are all of Miao (including Ge Jia) textiles (I think! I have not had a chance to check out all the images.) On each enlargement page there is some identification by broad region, an age estimate and there is description of the embroidery techniques although not necessarily in terms that I would use.

Mikko is keen to share the images of the collection with us. I have extended an invitation to join the forum.

Attachments:
File comment: header image from 'Beautiful Miao Village'
main-W.jpg
main-W.jpg [ 30.78 KiB | Viewed 4432 times ]

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 am 

The link to the website you posted no longer exists. I wonder what happened to it. Do they have any other sites? I was hoping to see the images of their collection.