tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

At the San Francisco Tribal Show there was an exhibition 'Outer garments - inner warmth, projection, prestige' organised by Lee and Vichai Chinalai. In the exhibition catalogue was an article by Lee J Chinalai - pages 14 - 23. Forum member Ann B Goodman, who visited the show, obtained Lee Chinalai's permission to share this article with the forum and sent me a pdf of it. In order to cope with the forum file size restrictions I have split the article pdf file into individual pages. There are 10 pages in all but note that they are numbered 14 through 23. (Please note that, as forum administrator I can make multiple posts and attach some larger file sizes.)

I found the article interesting and the images of very fine textiles and information on them fascinating. I commend the article to you - even if some work is involved with the multiple download.

See forum member Mark Johnson's review of the show on his Tribal Beat blog including some comments on the exhibition. http://thetribalbeat.blogspot.com/2008/ ... eview.html (Mark lent a mid-20th century man's hunting vest from Flores for the exhibit - see article page 16).

My thanks to Ann and to Lee Chinalai.

Attachments:
File comment: Outer garments - inner warmth, power, projection, prestige - Lee J Chinalai - 01 from p 14 of San Francisco Tribal Show documentation
ChinalaiSFTTS01-14.pdf [269 KiB]
Downloaded 389 times
File comment: Outer garments - inner warmth, power, projection, prestige - Lee J Chinalai - 02 from p 15 of San Francisco Tribal Show documentation
ChinalaiSFTTS02-15.pdf [49.48 KiB]
Downloaded 462 times
File comment: Outer garments - inner warmth, power, projection, prestige - Lee J Chinalai - 03 from p 16 of San Francisco Tribal Show documentation
ChinalaiSFTTS03-16.pdf [115.42 KiB]
Downloaded 360 times
File comment: Outer garments - inner warmth, power, projection, prestige - Lee J Chinalai - 04 from p 17 of San Francisco Tribal Show documentation
ChinalaiSFTTS04-17.pdf [277.75 KiB]
Downloaded 387 times
File comment: Outer garments - inner warmth, power, projection, prestige - Lee J Chinalai - 05 from p 18 of San Francisco Tribal Show documentation
ChinalaiSFTTS05-18.pdf [41.25 KiB]
Downloaded 382 times
File comment: Outer garments - inner warmth, power, projection, prestige - Lee J Chinalai - 06 from p 19 of San Francisco Tribal Show documentation
ChinalaiSFTTS06-19.pdf [284.79 KiB]
Downloaded 379 times
File comment: Outer garments - inner warmth, power, projection, prestige - Lee J Chinalai - 07 from p 20 of San Francisco Tribal Show documentation
ChinalaiSFTTS07-20.pdf [195.47 KiB]
Downloaded 393 times
File comment: Outer garments - inner warmth, power, projection, prestige - Lee J Chinalai - 08 from p 21 of San Francisco Tribal Show documentation
ChinalaiSFTTS08-21.pdf [523.05 KiB]
Downloaded 375 times
File comment: Outer garments - inner warmth, power, projection, prestige - Lee J Chinalai - 09 from p 22 of San Francisco Tribal Show documentation
ChinalaiSFTTS09-22.pdf [140.69 KiB]
Downloaded 373 times
File comment: Outer garments - inner warmth, power, projection, prestige - Lee J Chinalai - 10 from p 23 of San Francisco Tribal Show documentation
ChinalaiSFTTS10-23.pdf [204.12 KiB]
Downloaded 363 times

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

Post subject: thank you!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:35 am 

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for taking the effort in posting this article. The textiles are really stunning. I have printed the article out so I can enjoy reading it while I am having a cup of tea. It may be old fashioned but "reading" for me is something that goes with "paper" and not with a screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:51 am 
Site Admin

Monique

...my sentiments entirely! I don't enjoy reading on screen. I too printed it all out to enjoy reading it as bedside reading, my favourite time for such reading. Switches my mind off from day-to-day hassle and gives it something much more interesting to go to sleep and dream about!

Yes, some stunning textiles in the article with good references which was why I though you would all enjoy it. I had to search the Internet to get a pdf splitter first - got a 30-day free trial and it worked like a dream!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Mark Johnson has pointed out to me that: "the Tribalmania website has a great review (much better than mine) of the recent SF Tribal Show" and gave me the link: http://www.tribalmania.com/SHOWSANFRAN-08.htm See mid-way down the first page of the three page review for photos of the Chinalai exhibit.