tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:32 am 

Hi everyone! I haven't been active on this site for a while but hopefully will be able to contribute more in the future.
I know its' very late, but I am going to northern Laos on the spur of the moment, this will be my 4th trip to Laos, but will be going to an area I have not been before. It will be around Xam tai and Xam (Sam) Neua and Saleurn village, Muang Viengthong. My friend has done all the arrangements but I wondered if anyone on here had any trip tips specifically related to textiles or places we should not miss. Many thanks if you have any suggestions !

Donna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Well, despite the lack of post with information for Donna she set off on her trip to northern Laos earlier this year. She has sent me some travel notes and some images saying:

Quote:
"In 2003 I was lucky enough to go on the weaving village tour of southern Laos with the Jim Thompson Symposium group which was led by Linda Mcintosh. It was an amazing experience and I had made subsequent trips to Laos but really only to Vientiane and Luang Prabang. Then last month (February 2018) my friend, Megan Bardoe, said she was going on a car trip to Northern Laos - would I be interested in joining her? Yes!

The reason I wanted to write this is to encourage those who have not visited Luang Prabang to do it as soon as possible. It's inexpensive and easy to get to from Bangkok and will be experiencing drastic changes very soon - more on that later."

I have taken Donna's travel notes of the trip and her 17 photos and made a small article of her visit to northern Laos which can be reached from the link. Very many thanks to Donna for sharing the information with us.

Attachments:
L13e.jpg
L13e.jpg [ 88.02 KiB | Viewed 597 times ]

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource