tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:57 pm 

hi everybody,

i was wondering if there was somebody who could tell me more about the following 3 items:
a child's hat, a wedding headband, and a weddinghat. all would have at one time been worn by members of the han aristrocacy in the qing dynasty.

the little information i have is this:

the hat was worn by a wealthy young han-chinese boy.the small gilded silver elements make up the face of a lion. i regretably have no picture of the back of the hat. i've often seen chinese children's hats with lion faces, but these were always embroidered lion faces, not by means of silver ornaments.

the headband with 'veil' especially is really something of a mystery to me. the picture is a little blurry, due to regrettable uncareful resizing.

last but not least is the weddinghat with kingfisher and carnelian decorations amongst others.

if there is anyone with even the slightest information for me, i would be most grateful. please also let me know if you've seen similar items in books or on websites etc.

i'm actually a young collector of ethnic/tribal jewelry and have recently begun to also collect textiles and related objects. i have already bought the weddinghat and made a down payment for the child's hat. not sure yet if i wanna buy the wedding headband.

kind greetings,

howah

Attachments:
weddinghat.JPG
weddinghat.JPG [ 67.92 KiB | Viewed 2977 times ]
headornament.JPG
headornament.JPG [ 76.1 KiB | Viewed 2977 times ]
close-up.JPG
close-up.JPG [ 77.51 KiB | Viewed 2977 times ]
zilverversieringenmuts.JPG
zilverversieringenmuts.JPG [ 71.44 KiB | Viewed 2977 times ]