tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: forum very slow!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

I am sorry if people are having problems with accessing and posting on the forum. Having had problems a couple of days ago I got in touch with the ISP where the forum is hosted. I had an email back today:

Quote:
This is due to a problem we are experiencing with our MySQL server. We are currently in contact with our technician who is dealing with this issue and we hope to have the problem resolved soon.

For the uninitiated MySQL is the key software on which the forum is based and the MySQL server is where the forum data is stored.

I hope that they get the problem sorted soon! I found it even worse a couple of days ago. Susan Stem has been experiencing problems today and, I gather, kept trying to post a message on John's Batik thread but failed several times on pressing the 'submit' button to get the message to post.

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

Last edited by Pamela on Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:54 am 
Site Admin

If you are lucky enough to get as far as reading this update post I thought that I would let you know as much as I do (!!) about the problems with accessing and the slowness of the forum.

Forum members in Thailand and the USA and myself in the UK have continued to have problems accessing the forum. I had a response back from the ISP where the forum is hosted on 14 Jul saying:
Quote:
Unfortunately our MySQL database is still experiencing a lot of technical difficulties. Our technical partner is aware of this and are currently working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

We apologise for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience.

Since then problems have continued intermittently. It seems that in the early part of the day UK time it is possible to access the forum but things get worse as the UK day progresses and the USA day starts and continues - which makes me think that volume of internet users may be having some affect.

Since I am posting this a.m. in the UK on Sat 16 July you will gather that I have managed to access the forum - and I have seen Siriol - also UK-based - browsing the forum this morning. Susan in Thailand had no problems earlier today (5.00 a.m. GMT). I don't know how matters will unfold as the day progresses.

I will see how things go over the weekend and if problems continue will continue to chivvy the ISP.

My appologies to everyone for the frustration lack of and slow access! May the spirit of forum's smile on us!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

For me today the forum seems to be working OK - and it is 10.00 p.m. my time in the UK 21.00 hours GMT so I am encouraged as, this late in the day my time, recently it has been seizing up completely. If anyone gets as far as reading this but is still having problems please let me know and I will follow it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know if the problems are cured or not. For the past couple of days I have been able to easily access the forum at times BUT at others - not at all! Earlier in the week I could hardly access it at all.

I complained again last weekend to the ISP which hosts the forum and provides the MySQL server which enables the forum to operate. On Sunday 24 July I received the following message:

Quote:
Our server holders are currently in the process of replacing our MySQL server due to an upgrade. This should be in place by the end of the month.

Well, the end of the month is this Sunday! We shall have to see what happens. I am very sorry for any frustration which the difficulty in accessing the forum is causing - it is CERTAINLY driving ME mad!! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I really hope that the problems are now cured! For me, during the first part of Mon 1 Aug the problems still persisted but, in the evening, things seemed OK and today I have tried several times during the day and have been able to access the forum at all levels very easily.

Fingers crossed that all is well now! Please let me know if you are still having any problems and I will get my complaining hat out again and contact my ISP.