tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

One of the main benefits of the tribaltextiles.info/community forum is the ability to post photos of textiles with messages via the 'Add Attachment' feature. It is something that we all very much enjoy.

In order to make sure that all forum users can enjoy these photos please will everyone work within the following rules when posting photos:

No image should be more than 600 pixels wide

The file size of each image should be between 50-60K in size and should never be greater than 80k even for a very complex image
If you post a larger image in error you can go back into your post via the 'edit' button in the top right corner of your post and re-post a reduced sized version of your image.

Thank you to everyone for your restraint and cooperation - and let's see lots more photos for us all to enjoy!

Oh, just a note. Each post on a thread is restricted to 5 attachments (changed to 10 on 26 Dec 2014, still 5 in private messages) in forum posts). Any more will not attach so a new post is needed. Just to confuse, as Administrator, I can attach as many as I like!

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

Last edited by Pamela on Wed May 14, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:50 pm 

Hi Pamela,

It would also be helpful if the dimensions of pieces or the portion shown were included.

Cheers, Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:13 am 

I'd love to post some images of some of my textiles on here...but what stops me is getting my images to the size limit of 50-60K without degrading them to the point where you can't see them well.

What is your advice in the best way to do this? I have photoshop but when I reduce the images to 72dpi it still over the 50-60K limit.

Kathy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

With Photoshop I crop the image to max of 600 pix wide and resolution of 1375 pixels per inch and then I use 'Save for Web' (the old Image Ready) and play around with the quality to get the maximum quality for 60-70K. I find that the images when posted tend to look just a bit better than the image I see when I am saving for web.

At least give this a try as we would love to see photos of your textiles!

best,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:52 am 

Pamela wrote:
With Photoshop I crop the image to max of 600 pix wide and resolution of 1375 pixels per inch and then I use 'Save for Web' (the old Image Ready) and play around with the quality to get the maximum quality for 60-70K. I find that the images when posted tend to look just a bit better than the image I see when I am saving for web.

At least give this a try as we would love to see photos of your textiles!

best,

Well, I've given it a go. No luck, nothing will get my images down to 50-60k without degrading them to such a point as not making it worthwhile. A shame, I would have liked to have posted some pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

well, we seem to have slipped to nearer 80/90K and I hope that people can cope with slower download time.

Please keep to no more than 600 px wide so that screen views are not distorted.

Go ahead and post anyway with larger file sizes. If necessary I will reduce them (as I do now when people get carried away).

thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:07 am 

Pamela wrote:
well, we seem to have slipped to nearer 80/90K and I hope that people can cope with slower download time.

Please keep to no more than 600 px wide so that screen views are not distorted.

Go ahead and post anyway with larger file sizes. If necessary I will reduce them (as I do now when people get carried away).

thanks,

Ok thanks. If you could do that it would be great. I can cope with basic photoshop but I'm not a whiz with this stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:50 am 
Site Admin

Please note that I have today amended forum limits so that it is now possible to attach 10 (previously 5) photos (or other permitted attachments) to a single post. The limit for the number of attachments in private messages remains at 5.