tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

I received the message quoted below as an email sent into the tribaltextiles website. Can anyone give any advice? We don't know in which country the sender of the message is based and this is likely to make a difference as far as future local employment opportunities are concerned.

Quote:
"hello community,

i wanted to ask that which has higher scope in textiles either spinning , weaving or dyeing . nd which has better life in future . plz can u suggest me the better answer as ive already completed , my one year in dyeing technology. but i didnt found it as interesting as spinnin nd weaving i wanted to ask that shud i leave the dyeing nd go for diploma in spinning nd weaving plz assist me 2wards the rite path. thanking u"

I spend quite a lot of my time counselling students and one piece of advice I always give is, when you are studying it is better to choose a subject which you enjoy and where you can get good marks. So much better to have done well rather than to get a mediocre result.

Many thanks

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:33 am 

Hello friend,

I really can't advise you because I don't know where you live. However, I'll gladly send on a catalog from "The California School of Professional Fabric Design", here in Berkeley (where else?).

It might interest you in some of the ways your textile background can help in a career, even if you are the only one at your school who wants to enrich your learning experience.

Are you interested in traditional designs, or would you like to make modern pieces? Do you want to weave as a profession, or are preparing to teach?

Please go on and switch, especially if it is only for another year of study. And textile dying is the most basic of all the things you need to know in creating a cloth from scratch, and will enrich all you set out to do.

I'm sure our other members would glad to help you too; just let us know where you live and study.

Best wishes,

Sandie