tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:37 am 

Silk is made from the cocoons. Like nearly anything in nature, there are natural occurring substances in the cocoon of the silkworm that protect from various threats. Because the process of turning those cocoons into silk is a gentle one that does not strip away those natural substances, the benefits of them are still in the silk when you purchase silk products.
Thanks to silk’s natural thermostatic properties, silk clothes will keep you warm in winter and cool in summer. Its natural temperature-regulating properties give silk this paradoxical ability to cool and warm simultaneously. Because of its natural protein structure, silk is the most hypoallergenic of all fabrics. It can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without feeling damp. Silk will absorb perspiration while letting your skin breathe. It is often used for clothing such as shirts, ties, blouse, formal dresses, high fashion clothes, lingerie, pyjamas, robes, dress suits, sun dresses and Eastern folk costumes. Silk’s attractive luster and drape makes it suitable for many furnishing applications. It is used for upholstery, wall coverings, window treatments (if blended with another fiber), rugs, bedding and wall hangings.
Please click here to get more information about silk fabric.
Chinese Silk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:14 am 
Site Admin

The forum is NOT a commercial vehicle.

It is NOT a website on which to promote textiles generally.

It is specifically for the sharing of information on tribal textiles.

If I, as forum Administrator, find any attempt to use it for commercial promotion I will not only delete the post but also delete the membership now and for the future.

I was unsure whether to confirm your membership and you are already giving me serious doubts.

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource