tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi all, newbie here
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:02 am 

Since there's no specific "welcome forum" i decided to say hello and introduce myself here, if that's okay with admins :D

Well, Hello...
My name is Joy, i live in Bandung, Indonesia. I am quite familiar with traditional textiles, especially textiles from southern region of sumatera and western java. Initially i don't pay much attention to such textile, i have more interest in wood and wooden crafts, but recently i got more involved with traditional textile and find it very interesting and learn to pay more respect to them, and when i found this forum i thought "this is the right place to learn and share".
So here I am, ready to share, ready to help, and most important, i am ready to learn....

thank you.

--It's hard to be a half breed, especially if your father is partially Arab, Sunda, and Lampung, while your mother is half Toraja half Wajo, and you was born in Palembang, yet raised in Bangka Island, just to go to study for 8 years in Bandung--

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:30 am 

Apa Kabar, Joy, and Welcome to the Forum! It will be very helpful to have a member with knowledge of textiles from this area. Bandung is in western Java, no? I'm a big fan of Sundanese music. Please feel free to post some textiles specific to this area and help us learn more about it.

http://www.tribaltrappings.com
http://tribaltrappings.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:17 am 

Thanks for the warm welcoming, Susan! Certainly not an expert, just an ordinary man, trying to regain his love for his national heritage once more. Yes, Bandung is the capital of West Java Province.

I'll try and do my best to collect and post some information here, to our benefit, all member of this community; and most importantly, I'm here to learn from all member, learn about my own culture, about other cultures.

PS: Sundanese music is great, and i personally can proudly consider myself as a decent amateur Suling Sunda (Sundanese traditional flute) player.

:D

--It's hard to be a half breed, especially if your father is partially Arab, Sunda, and Lampung, while your mother is half Toraja half Wajo, and you was born in Palembang, yet raised in Bangka Island, just to go to study for 8 years in Bandung--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:41 am 

Hi all
I newbie here too

Thank

www.SiamTribal.com :Aian Tribal textile,Handmade,Antique