tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi from Sandie Shamis!
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:29 am 
Site Admin

I had a nice surprise in the mail last week - a 2008 calander at a glance from Sandie Shamis which had the photos of woven textiles which I have scanned and posted below. Sandie said of these images:
Quote:
"Please feel free to post. I'm interested in the curving motif on the pha, top to the left, and the pink paint on the Dong."

Long time members of the forum may well have wondered what has happened to Sandie. She used to be a very active forum member always keen to help any new member with their mystery textiles. Unfortunately Sandie has been struggling with ill health:
Quote:
"No excuse - but the last year marked a major downturn in my health. I've found it excruciating to sit at my computer and haven't even logged in for a few months. I'll be having a knee transplant this summer which should help calm some of the pain down.

I look forward to catching up with the forum, especially since I have thoughts regarding the 'kaffir' cloth. [ see thread http://www.tribaltextiles.info/communit ... .php?t=840 ] I saw John G. in SF again this year - prices up everywhere!"

Attachments:
File comment: woven textiles from Sandie Shamis
cal08w.jpg
cal08w.jpg [ 71.29 KiB | Viewed 3198 times ]

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource