tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

Just to wake the forum up a little I thought I would post another of the photos that Ann Goodman has sent me (with her permission, of course!) It is of a Buyi outfit where the blouse is using, yet again, the woven red fabric which we have already been seeing on the textiles of the Bailing Miao, Dong Jia and Rao Jia. I am posting a photo of the whole outfit and a detail of the bottom of the blouse. The skirt is an interesting wax resist pattern that I have not see before - looks more like a Mittle Europe blue fabric with paste resist!

I think, before Iain had his unfortunate argument with a big truck in the dark, he was going to post some photos of Buyi babycarriers using this red fabric (on the second page of the Dong Jia thread http://www.tribaltextiles.info/communit ... c&start=15 ) Ann's photo reinforces how the Buyi used the fabric. (Sorry Iain, this is NOT meant to be a nag!! I hope that you are gradually catching up with life and that you are now well recovered.

Attachments:
File comment: Buyi outfit in the collection of Ann Goodman
BuyiW.jpg
BuyiW.jpg [ 88.91 KiB | Viewed 3244 times ]
File comment: Detail of blouse in a Buyi outfit in the collection of Ann Goodman
BuyiWa.jpg
BuyiWa.jpg [ 59.7 KiB | Viewed 3244 times ]

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource